We’re joined by Dr. JT (Jonathan Tolentino) once again to talk about our society’s obsession with the perfect physique. We chat about body and muscle dysmorphia, PEDs, the impact of social media, and how this ultimately impacts both our queer and Asian communities.
Dr. JT is the Program Director of the Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency program at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at University of Miami.
In this episode we talk about:
- The state of COVID and the recent surge
- Social media effects on our bodies and body image
- Body and muscle dysmorphia within the queer & Asian communities
- The slippery slope of dating apps – the effects that filters can have on our experience
- The dark side of performance-enhancing drugs
- 2022 Resolutions and how are you recharging yourself this new year?
You can find JT at:
- Instagram: @jonjon9980206
You can follow me at:
- Instagram: @stevenwakabayashi
- YouTube: @stevenwakabayashi
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter: mindfulmoments.substack.com